Friday, January 20, 2012

The game of chase! Day 5

Slept pretty good last night Woke up to the donkeys this morning. Oh how I hate that sound! So IPod came to the rescue. Breakfast was oat meal and Starbucks Coffee! Then it was off to playing with the kids and start lunch. Here you pretty much start lunch up right after breakfast. Their lunch is like our dinner. Make sense why do we eat a big meal at night when we are going to go to bed? I got to help grind the peanuts! That was fun. It is  a wood bowel and a thing that is like a baseball bat and you drop it into the bowel to smash the peanuts.  We made ticadicana.  After preparing lunch I walked around the Village with James and Adam. It was fun greeting people in the village and just seeing more of the village. I got my Malian name too. it is Marium Jocitat(Not sure if I am even close on the spelling) It was neat to walk around and pray as we went from place to place. I walked back with probably 8 kids on me. Off to lunch we went and the kids stayed back. well sorta. After lunch I got to go with several other members of the team to the clinic in B. WOW was that eye opening. There doctor area is so far from ours. It is heart breaking to see that they don't have the medical help that they need. Then we came back M and went to F were my group will be going later on in the week. There we greeted the cheif. while greeting the chief me and Jenna notice everyone was sitting around but Tara! Sure enough we noticed we had left her back in M! Sean was sure in trouble! She was fine there was a translator there with her and a million kids. That is why she said she didn't notice that we where leaving.  Once we got back the lady we went to the clinic to get meds for came back for Aaron to fix her up. She had 3rd degree burns, which my understanding she would have been hospitalized in the US. It looked so bad. It was so so so so heart breaking to  see the women in pain. Later on her and her husband accepted Christ  and we all prayed for them.  Which was So amazing! After I took my first African bath! I decided that it is much more of a pain so those are going to be coming far and few between. Then it was play chase back to our camp! I didn't want 20 kids on me walking back so I ran and had them follow! Great idea! Until it lasted 10-20 min running around the camp and wait getting all sweaty.  Then one of the little girls braded my hair. I was in heaven! Off  to help with dinner and which yes another asthma attack. Oh did it scare me! But Aaron took great care of me!  We decided it was probably the fire smoke. Which stinks I can't sing at the camp fire now. As for now I am doing good. We have had alot happen today and will be staying here as a team together another day until we feel that God is leading us else where.

As I have been writing this I have been listing to Grace and Love by kuttless. oh how it gives me peace right now!

Job 1:1-22. Hope this is great! Chose hope! With everything going on to choose hope and expect it to happen. expectantly with the lady with the burns.

Also back to Psalm 34:4
"i sough the Lord, and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fear."

I have been praying with my asthma and was scared again today. God answered. Randy made the decision that no matter what on the trip I wont be apart from Randy and Aaron just in cases if something where to happen.

Psalm 34:8
"tast abd see that the Lord is good; blessed are those who take refuge in him"

smashing the peanuts

Doing the story of salvation with the kids with coloring their  nails

the clinic
lady with the burns
game of chase

No comments:

Post a Comment