Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Morning of friendly Reminders!

As I was surfing the web this morning, which is what I do about every morning. I normally get around and check facebook to try to keep up in everyone's life's.  I came across a friends Blog as I started to read it was about Psalm 139. Which talks about how you can't run from God! How he knows everything about you before you do it. More and more as this journey gets started it just amazes me how  God is showing me that yes I'm here and yes I know what is going on in your life and how you like to know everything that is going on. As I've grown up in church pretty much my whole life, I already know that God knows me because he created me, but it's such a great reminder when you run across him giving you friendly reminders.

Then I sate down to continue the book that I've been trying to finish since the spring ( yes it takes me a while to finish books) Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman. This book is the book about the Steven Curtis Chapman's family and how they handled the loss of their daughter Marir. The first part of the book starts out talking about how Mary Beth and Steven met. In this section  Mary Beth talks about what she had planned for her life and how she is a planner and whats to know every second of her life. This was great! I just laughed and said thanks God! :) I noticed I was for sure not the only one. Then Mary Beth goes on to explain that she married the most crazy out going live by the minute  nothing is every planned husband. Well again I laughed! Not that I'm married but if anyone knows who I am dating he is the most live by the minute guy I've met yet! Don't bother asking so what should we do this afternoon when it's only 9 am! Because you will get an answer some what like "I don't we'll figure it out when the time comes."

Not that I expect these reminders everyday, but when God gives them to us it's great to see. And just knowing that this is a new year and that I'm wanting to grow deeper with him! This these little things have been great to to help me know that God is always right that and knows whats going to happen next and that it is ok for me to let go and not know every minute of every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment