Saturday, August 27, 2011

Excited for whats to come

Last night was my first Africa training for most of the team it was their second! I'm so excited to go on this trip! God is doing so much in my life it's amazing!
At the meeting we found out that we will get to go to villages that have NEVER ever heard the gospel of  God  before! That is just amazing to me. People spend every day sharing the word in the U.S. yet there are places in the world that people don't even have the access to hearing the word of God or knowing what it is!  Not to say that evangelizing in the U.S. is bad. I just feel that to many Christians stay in their safe place and call it good. God calls us to go make disciples of all nation not just at home.
                            "Therefore go make disciples of all nations" Matthew 28:19 
This is for sure what I'm probably most excited about at this point mainly because this is going to be so far out of my comfort zone. Which is totally what I need. god does some amazing thing when you are out of your comfort zone!
Do I have some fears Yes! Many things are going through my head at this point.

1. How in the world am I going to be able to prepare my self for this trip when I have the class load that I do?
2. Why is everything Will and the air force happening now?
3. Is Will going to be here when I get back to tell all about the trip?
4. Will my Dad ever Understand why I need to go on this trip?
5. Is my mom going to show support for this trip?
6. How do you share the gospel with someone that has never ever heard about it before?

Yes that is just a bit of what has been crossing my mind.

It would mean more than anything to fully have my parents support and them to see why God has lade this on my heart to go. But if anyone knows anything my family really isn't a church going family. Once one thing goes wrong in a church they are in then they see it as they need to stop going. In other words they are putting their faith more in the hands of human beings, which aren't perfect  than putting their faith in the creator.



No comments:

Post a Comment