Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Craft Fun

Here are a few fall fun crafts, that are super easy, cheap and will make your home look great!

Boo!

What you need:
3 wooden plaques (1.00 each at walmart)
ribbon
paint or crafting paper
hot glue


This project cost be around $3.50
paint each plaque white. Then pick the color for the back ground that you may want. I did orange and then brushed really lightly black to make a spooky look. FAter your background dries I took a pencil and sketched B-O-O onto each plaque. Then added white as to make the letters look a little more 3D. The final step is to add a bow if you choose. I picked up this ribbon at Joann's on sale and it only coasted me $.50 for the whole thing!
 Another way to do this would be to take scrapbook paper of your choice and cut to fit on the plagues. Then use a glue or mod-pud to glue the paper to the plaques. You could even use the pre-cut letters from a craft store as well.



Fall door sign

This was so cheap as well. I had saw a sign some what like this at a store for $30.00!!! I made this for close to $5.00

What you need.
Wooden cut out leafs. Find in holiday section of a craft store.
Ribbon
Paint
hot glue

For this project I took the pre-cut leafs at Hobby Lobby, which where on sale and cost me $.40 each! I had to paint the back coat white first because there where lines. Then Took fall colors and mad a back coat. Along the edges I took my paint brush and just daped brown paint to add more of the 3D effect. With a thin tip paint brush i drew the lines of the leafs. Same as the boo sign I stenciled on the letters first them painted them. Later on I notice a sharpie would have worked just as good! Once all was dry I hot glued these on top of each other and added ribbon to hand the sign with!


Candy Corn Welcome!


What you need:

Candy corn wood cut outs
paint
ribbon
hot glue

Once again I got these pre-cut wood candy corns in the holiday section of Joann's and on sale cost me $.20 each! Also the ribbon was on sale because it was a holiday color! I had to paint the base white on these as well. Then just painted each like candy corn! After I stenciled on the letter and then pained over them. One again a sharpie will work just fine for this point!. Once all was dry I took the ribbon I had bought and hot glued the candy corn to it on one side and made a loop at the top then came back down the other side!

This one is even easy for kids to help out with!

No comments:

Post a Comment